Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sleep Paralysis: What is it?

Have you ever not been able to move when you are asleep? Do you think that someone is choking you when you are sleeping? You may have something called Sleep Paralysis. Not to worry if you have sleep paralysis, there is nothing life threatening about this disease.

Symptoms of Sleep Paralysis are: According to Stanford University, one of the symptoms of sleep paralysis consist of not being able to move your body
when you are sleeping or when waking up. Another thing you might notice if you have sleep paralysis is that you feel as though someone is choking you and you are unable to move and try to stop them. Or the person is lying on top of you so you cannot move. You struggle but nothing happens the person holding you down just gets stronger. Well, that’s how I feel when I get sleep paralysis.

To read more on Sleep Paralysis please click this link to get to the article Sleep Paralysis: what is it?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds pretty scary.

Geri O'Hara said...

That happens to me from time to time. It is a terrifying experience. The first time I was really convinced someone had gotten into my home and tried to throttle me, it was hard for me to believe that it had been some sort of dream. It was terrifying I couldn't sleep for days after wards.