Sunday, April 5, 2009

Overview of Christianity, Islam, and Hinduism

For a school project not that long ago, we had to look up Islam, Christianity and another religion for an essay. I chose Hinduism as my choice religion because I thought that it would be fun to learn about. On thing I figured out about religions from that unit was all religions are very similar. Think about it, all religions teach don't hurt your neighbors, treat others how you would like to be treated, and morals. Another thing I learned from that unit is that the church can corrupt people. A good example is the radical Islamic who drove an airplane into the Twin Towers on 9/11. They thought their religion was better than everyone else's, and probably in their mind thought that they were saving us. Except that is a stretch.

Learning about the different religions gives you more insight into their followers every day life. Did you know that in Hinduism that if you were bad in one life, in your next you will stricken with poverty? Like I said, different. But that is how the religion teaches morals in Hinduism- the better you are in one life, in the next life you will a better off person. I think that it is interesting.

The paper I wrote on the this topic is fairly long and informative. It goes through just an overview of each of these religions with a comparing and contrasting section of them. I hope you enjoy it!

Christianity, Islam, and Hinduism: Comparing and Contrasting by: Alexa Gates

No comments: